The Grade 9 Maths comprehension rate in South Africa is a shocking 10,8%. The Answer Series knew that if they could only get their self-help study guides into the hands of more learners from underprivileged communities, they could start to make a big impact on the Maths levels of Grade 9 learners. In an effort to achieve this they decreased the price of their grade 9 maths study guides to R49 (including delivery).
Add-On was briefed by The Answer Series to assist with creating awareness about the concerning Grade 9 Maths marks in South Africa and get as many study guides into the hands of learners who needed it the most.
Create a rewards-based crowdfunding campaign that raises awareness about this dire situation and raises funds in order to donate as many study guides as possible.
We created a video that told the story and planned out relevant and enticing rewards packages. We launched the campaign with a detailed digital strategy which included touch points on Facebook, Twitter and Youtube. We negotiated digital media with publishers willing to support the cause and we executed an intensive PR Strategy.
The Launch video:
Delivering study guides to one of the schools:
The #PassRateChallenge website now active as an ongoing initiative:
- R198 000,00 raised
- 4056 Study Guides delivered.
- Kahn Morbee (lead singer of the Parlotones) sponsored free songs from his Album; Salt.
- Get Smarter sponsored 3 online courses endorsed by UCT to the value of R30 000
- Edro sponsored 30 build-it-your-self educational robots
- Debora Patta (3rd Degree), with a Twitter following of 102 000 people, supported the initiative and mentioned the #PassRateChallenge multiple times on her social channels.
- Over 2 million digital ad impressions
- 12 477 video views
- On SABC 3
- 702 Talk Radio
- Bush Radio
- King Fisher Radio
- Sowetan Live
If you would like to contribute to this cause please visit www.passratechallenge.co.za